We bring you here one of the many possible routes in the area around Masos Can Sot. The route is simple and suitable for everyone, although it is a bit of a climb. It is a walk with which you can contemplate a good part of the Empordà landscape: the fields on the plains, the local vegetation, the sea in the background, the Pyrenees on the other side... The old church, monastery or canonical church of Santa Maria del Roure is located to the northwest of Pont de Molins, perched on a not very high mountain range, but high enough to see large tracts of land around it.
Duration: 45 minutes.
Distance: 1.6 kilometres.
- Leave Pont de Molins heading west, parallel to the road along Carrer del Veïnat.
- You will reach the neighbourhoods of Molins and Dalt de Molins, made up of several houses, the church of Sant Sebastià de Molins and the cemetery. Follow the path in a northerly direction, leaving the cemetery and Dalt de Molins to the left and, finally, behind you.
- Continue along the forest track, leaving behind a couple of sheds. It is in this area that we start to climb up the slope of the sierra d'en Jordà (at the beginning of the Garrotxes d'Empordà) and from here we can see more and more of the typical Mediterranean landscape that surrounds the area: olive trees, pines, holm oaks... And little by little the views improve, towards the plains of L'Empordà, the Pyrenees and the sea beyond.
- Santa Maria del Roure, a former monastery and sanctuary dating from the 12th century, abandoned some time ago and which still conserves part of its structure, is located at the top of the Sierra d'en Jordà.
- The site is secluded, elevated and perfect for a picnic or lunch box lunch!
This and many more routes are possible starting from the Masos Can Sot and Pont de Molins. Would you like to do one of them?