L'Empordà is a land full of life; there are always lots of activities for you to enjoy during your getaway. We know you are already planning your Easter holidays; that's why we list some of the events you can enjoy during your stay at Masos Can Sot:
- The procession and Dance of Death in Verges. This is one of the best-known events of Easter Week in Empordà. On Maundy Thursday, at mid-afternoon, the manaies (Roman soldiers) parade; at 10 p.m., the re-enactment of the three years of Jesus' public life begins and, at around 12 noon, the streets of Verges are filled with scenes from the Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross). The star of the show is the Dance of Death, in which five skeletons jump to the beat of a drum.
- The Figueres Comic Strip Festival. From 18 to 21 April, you'll have a good laugh with the programme of the funniest festival in the region. This is the twelfth edition and it looks like it will be full of novelties for adults and children.
- The Passion of Sant Climent de Sescebes. It usually takes place every Good Friday and its particularities are the place, which is a natural area known as l'Horta d'en Cusí, and the text itself, which is modified every year to show the last days of Jesus in a more familiar way.
- The Grenache and fritters fair of L'Empordà in Garriguella. A gastronomic event where you can taste the flavour of two typical products of L'Empordà: grenache and fritters. You'll also be able to enjoy a host of complementary activities, such as parades, sardana dancing, exhibitions, wine tasting, etc.
- The medieval market in Calonge. Every year, this coastal town goes back in time with a craft fair and different medieval activities in its historic centre. If you are interested, you can enjoy it on 20 and 21 April.
- The second-hand boat fair in Empuriabrava. From 13 to 21 April, visit this town on the Costa Brava and enjoy a wide selection of boats on display in the port of Empuriabrava. It's the ideal excuse to stroll along the beach with family or friends.
- The Vívid. This is a festival linked to the world of wine, held throughout the month of April. You can enjoy a whole host of activities - wine pairings, wine tastings, gastronomic menus, concerts, etc. - to discover wine from different perspectives.
As you can see, we've got everything we need for you to come this Easter: comfortable accommodation and a wide range of leisure activities - the only thing missing is you!